KeyStep 37’s velocity-sensitive slim-keys feature aftertouch, color-coded LED feedback on triggered notes, three octaves of musical range and a compact form factor.
Arturia’s KeyStep 37 allows movement to melodies and chord patterns with eight arp modes, including three new random modes, switchable in an instant. Use the hold function to allow arpeggios to play freely while the user can tweak and refine. Embellish with extra notes and layer up to four octaves above or below for a lively, dynamic sound.
As with the sequencer, users can adjust swing, gate time and tempo subdivision while arpeggios are playing. Finally, the LED strip above the keyboard also displays triggered arpeggios in real-time.
- Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- RGB LEDs on each key for instant feedback on your sequence, arp, scale
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, Down, Inclusive, Exclusive, Random, Walk, Pattern and Order
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Advanced Chord mode with pre-defined or user Chords and strumming capability
- SHIFT button selection : MIDI Channel selection, Gate length, Swing, Sequence Edit, Scale quantization, CC Bank selection
- DC power jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI and MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports
- Sync source switch : Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/Gate outputs with configurable pitch, gate and Modulation formats.
- Capacitive pitch bend and mod wheel strips
- Each sequence can have 64 steps with 8 notes of polyphony
Arturia claims that the KeyStep 37 contains a sequencer that “listens, learns and responds to your style of playing.” Experiment with intuitive step-sequencing or live recording, complete with ties and rests, and hear them back instantly. Append your sequence with extra notes, or replace/overdub notes at any point. There are 64 steps at your disposal, with 8-note polyphony per step. Save up to eight sequences and switch between them on the fly. Change swing, gate time and tempo subdivision, even during playback. Your sequenced notes are shown on the LED strip above the keyboard.