KeyStep is a new breed of portable musical tool combining the functionalities of a keyboard controller with a polyphonic step sequencer to control both analog and digital devices.
KeyStep is made to widen the potential of your setup, regardless of what instruments compose it. It is compatible with practically all existing synthesizers, either analog or digital, hardware or software. .
The three CV outputs send pitch and gate signals along with velocity, aftertouch or mod. ribbon signal to control an analog instrument or module.
The MIDI DIN output can be used to control any MIDI hardware instrument while the USB connection allows you to control your plugins and virtual instruments.
KeyStep is loaded with features aimed at boosting your creative freedom. A 32-slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch, an 8-mode arpeggiator, a polyphonic sequencer with up to 64 steps and 8 simultaneous notes per step.
KeyStep is all about spontaneity and immediacy, strengthening the link that musicians can experience with their performance and their public. Each feature has been thought out to match live artists hopes and needs including real-time sequence rewriting, smart sequence-swapping function and simultaneous playing/sequencing.
- Arturia’s own Slimkey keybed with velocity and aftertouch
- Arpeggiator mode: Up, down, inclusive, exclusive, random, note order, double up, double down modes
- Sequencer mode: 8 polyphonic step-sequences with Rest, Tie, and Legato note entry
- Rate control and tap tempo: REC, PLAY, and STOP buttons for performance control over the sequencer and arpeggiator
- Sustain HOLD button
- Sustain pedal jack
- Chord play mode
- SHIFT button selection: MIDI channel selection, GATE time, SWING values
- DC jack for standalone operation
- USB MIDI connects to computers and our MCC editor
- MIDI in/out ports
- Sync i/o ports: Supports 1 pulse per step, 2 PPQ (Korg Volca), 24 PPQ DIN sync, 48 PPQ DIN sync
- Sync select switches: Internal, USB, MIDI, Clock
- CV/GATE outputs: CV supports 1Volt per octave, Volt>Hz modes, Gate output 5V or 12V for modern or vintage gear
- support, CV Velo/Aftertouch/Modwheel output
- Capacitive-touch pitch bend and mod wheels
- Each sequence can have 64 steps, each step can have up to 8 notes
- Low power; can be powered by Apple iPad® (camera connection kit required)
|Product Key Features|
|Inputs/Outputs||MIDI (DIN) Out, USB In, MIDI (DIN) In, USB Out|
|Number of Keys||32|